Vetspire has a full bi-directional integration with Square. Follow the directions below to learn how to set up your Square account for the Vetspire integration!
Before You Begin
You will need to have an account login and API key from Square to get started. If you need Vetspire to facilitate a Square introduction, please let us know.
Step 1: Set up your online Square account
Once you have an account with Square, you will need your login credentials in order to access SquareUp.com. This is where you will enter your account information, create your individual locations and view Square transactions.
Step 2: Create a Square location for each of your clinic locations
Each clinic will need to be set up as a separate location under your Square account. This will give you an individual Square location ID that will need to be entered into Vetspire under Location settings on the Admin page.
- To create individual locations on your Square account, click on the Account & Settings icon on the left side of the screen. This is where you will also set up your account information.
2. To add a new location, click on the Business drop-down and then Locations. In the upper right corner, there will be a blue Create Location button. Clicking this will open a new window that will allow you to enter your location information.
3. What Vetspire needs on this page is the Square Location ID that is shown at the end of the URL on this page. In this example: LET0TX92830OGG
4. This Square Location ID will need to be entered into the Locations settings in Vetspire under Admin.
Step 3: Enable the Square Integration
This is found under the Admin > Payment Processors page. You will need to enter in your Square account information and Enable. This information can be found on the Square Admin settings under “Developer”.
Step 4: Enable the Square Payment Method
On the same Admin > Payment Processors page, you will need to enable the different Square payment methods.
- Square payment method is for regular Square transactions run through Square terminals in-clinic.
- Square Pay is used for Square payments made by a pet owner through an invoice that was texted or emailed through Vetspire.
- Square Connect is for automatic payments made through Square using a card on file. This is not a common method of payment and may not affect all users.
Once all of the integration information has been entered into Vetspire, you are now ready to begin checking clients out with Square! There are a few ways to collect payment from owners. You can use the tablets or terminals that are connected to the Square card reader. Taking payment this way will ensure that Square and Vetspire communicate about the payment taken and Vetspire will close out the invoice as “Paid with Square”. You can also text or email invoices to owners to allow them to enter their card information and pay via their device. Vetspire will receive the payment and mark these invoices as “Paid with Square Pay”.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article